P604 Course overview
This advanced proficiency LEV Training Course builds on the existing knowledge and expertise of delegates who may have already completed the P601 or P602 or equivalent LEV Training course module(s).
The tutor on this highly inter-active course is Bill Cassells. Those who have attended the OXYL8 P601, P602 etc LEV courses will know that Bill brings a fresh approach to the subject together with his extensive knowledge of all things LEV — all of which is delivered in his own lively, supportive and informal style.
The P604 course is particularly suited to LEV topic specialists, Health and Safety or Occupational Hygiene professionals, Managers, Supervisors and Building Services engineers
This is a four day LEV training course with self study elements and a Practical Assessment (undertaken by the tutor). The single Written Exam is on the final day.
***NOTE*** From 2018 it is a BOHS requirement that delegates for P604 should have completed P601 (or at minimum have passed both exams and preparing Reports submissions) prior to attending.
Delegates should also possess a good working knowledge of HSE’s Guidance on LEV, HSG258 and must also be competent in basic maths/algebra (areas, square roots etc.)
No other specialist knowledge is required.
Who should attend?
Engineers, supervisors, managers, health and safety professional and technical staff who have day to day dealings with the specification, design, testing, contract management, and occupational hygiene aspects of LEV plant.
Towards professional recognition?
Success in P604 can be added to other BOHS modules e.g. P601, P602, P603 and W201 (in various combinations) to meet qualification and membership requirements of Institute of LEV Engineers (ILEVE).
It can also be used towards gaining the BOHS ‘Certificate of Competence in Control’ qualification which permits successful candidate to use the letters ‘CoC Control’ after their name. See BOHS for more details.
P604 has been re-grade at NQS Level 5
Bill Cassells BSc MPhil DSH CEng CMIOSH FIPlantE FSOE FRSPH RSP
P604 Course programme
- Hazardous substances and processes
- Case studies
- Workplace control principles
- Hierarchy of control
- Ways of achieving effective control
- Main elements of ventilation systems
- Basic design principles of LEV systems and their components
- Fletcher’s Nomogram for predicting airflows/velocity contours
- General ventilation systems.
- Ventilation systems and their performance evaluation
- LEV Testing criteria and procedures (quantitative and qualitative)
- Performance evaluation
- Recognition of LEV failures and effects
- Measurement techniques and instrumentation
- Assessment of control
- Evaluation of LEV system measurements
- Requirements for exposure monitoring (identification of need and methodologies)
- Developing an LEV management system
- Discussion on content of LEV manuals and logbooks
- Commissioning documentation
- User training
- Consideration of content and layout for reports submissions
- Exam – 35 short answer questions (2.5 hours)
£1265 plus Exam fee £170 (+VAT) per delegate
We work with all our LEV Training students to try and ensure a pass first time. Our pass rate is excellent but a re-sit may on occasion be necessary. If you require an exam re-sit booking then contact us here or call 01479 872 518 or (07970) 754 632