Examination and Testing of LEV Systems
P601 – EXAMINATION AND TESTING OF LEV SYSTEMS
P601 is a 4-day training course delivered normally as a live webinar/on-line event and occasionally as a face-to-face presentation at the Hilton Hotel in Leicester.
The course covers both the theory and practice for testing LEV plant.
The course trains delegates to undertake Thorough Examination and Tests (TExT) on basic LEV plant to the required standard. These standards are set out in HSE’s Guidance HSG258 (a copy of which is included with the course handouts).
At the end of the course, P601 delegates will be able to:
- Evaluate basic LEV systems.
- Understand basic design elements.
- Calculate airflows, velocities, etc.
- Complete CoSHH Reg 9 Statutory Examinations (TExTs).
- Select and use the correct LEV test equipment.
- Record the results of TExTs in a suitable format.
Some knowledge of LEV plant and be competent in basic maths (eg. areas of circles, square roots, etc). No other specialist knowledge is required.
IS THE P601 TRAINING COURSE FOR YOU?
This course is ideal for engineers, supervisors, managers, health & safety professionals and technical staff who may deal with the specification, design, testing, checking or management aspects of LEV plant.
P601 can also contribute towards gaining a Certificate of Operational Competence in Control. This award carries the privilege of being able to use the post-nominal letters ‘CoC Control’.
Completion of the P600 series of LEV training courses (and W201), may permit candidates to become eligible for membership of BOHS at Licentiate level (LFOH). See BOHS for more details.
P601 certification also counts towards membership levels at the Society of Operations Engineers (SOE) and at the Institute of LEV Engineers (ILEVE).
Bill Cassells BSc MPhil DSH CEng CMIOSH FIPlantE FSOE FRSPH RSP
P601 COURSE PROGRAMME
- Legislation, ACoPs and Guidance.
- Principles of good control.
- The role and content of an LEV TExT Assessment.
- Sources and emissions
- Introduction to hoods
- Principles of Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV)
- LEV system components (Hoods, Ducting, Filters, Fans etc)
- LEV systems (detailed considerations)
- Dilution ventilation/make-up air systems.
- Basic LEV design standards/Aerodynamics
- LEV Measurement and Testing practices/procedures
- Instrumentation and equipment
- Performance criteria for LEV
- Record keeping
- Short formative practical assessment (face-to-face or on-line).
- Revision for Written Practical examination
- Written Practical examination (2 hrs, “open book“)
- Revision for Written Theory examination
- Written Theory examination (1 hr 45m, “closed book“)
£945 (+exam fee of £200) + VAT / delegate (NOTE: fee is £975 for face-to-face presentations)
We are confident you will find this course invaluable for your work and for your professional development. Once you have completed P601 training we hope we will see you again on one of our other world-class LEV courses!
From P601 course you may wish to consider the P604 Performance Evaluation and Management of LEV Systems course, or the OXYL8 P602 LEV Training Course as your next step?